Friday, January 1, 2010

It's A New Day, A New Life...

Somehow it's important for me to believe we can all turn a page, find a blank slate and color in whatever life we choose. It is particularly important to me this year because at times I feel the burden of age at my back. I slough it off, but know it's there none the less. Smoothing the page or rubbing my hand across the slate are part of the process of starting anew. So are the colors I choose.

I am what one would call a "color junkie." I carry paint chips and fabric samples in my coat pockets and spend hours working out palettes. I thought until now that I just had an affinity for color and fabric. But what I have just realized is that this is really my attempt to create an atmosphere that supports our lives whether in peace and tranquility, joy or excitement. It is more about creating the ambiance in which we live than just having a desire to play with chips.

My friends tell me they plan to bury me with my paint chips and fabric samples! We laugh about it. But it is a symbol of the life I have attempted to create...and still do.

How do YOU start anew? What do you use to create the ambiance in which to live your life? I'd love to hear from you.

Blessings on this first day of 2010 and always!

Christina

2 comments:

  1. I thought my sister and I were the only ones walking around with fabric and paint swatches in their purses! I never thought of it as being a symbol but I love your epiphany! So now when someone says "What's that junk in your purse?" I can answer, "It's a symbol of my life and the harmony I seek" - that will silence them for a bit! Nice piece. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you add some new stories!!?

    ReplyDelete